I did an editorial shoot about fashion designer Shao Yen for Not Today Magazine. Here are the spreads:
Check out Hotshoe's winter 2013 issue. I was commissioned to take a portrait of David Strettell for the print and online version. Here they are:
I've just added three new names to my links section. Kenji Hirasawa who should have been on there long ago, whose book, Celebrity, I published with Bemojake in 2011. Jacqueline Bao who is working on various interesting projects, up on her website you can see the 'from home' series. And Tim Smyth whose book I am currently publishing with Bemojake. Go check them out!
Waiting to be on a plane to New York until November. Here's a new picture for the Domestic Beauty series:
I have a bit of a feature in issue number 4 of PiK Magazine, which you can buy from their website.
Here are some examples of what Germany looks like:
Got back recently from printing Sky To Earth by Michael 'Nick' Nichols, to be published by Aperture. Amazing pictures of Elephants. Keep an eye out for the book: SKY TO EARTH
- Here's a new picture for the Domestic Beauty series:
- I recently took had a little roadtrip to Germany and took some pictures on the way. I'll scan them on put a few up here.
- In the meantime, I have been photographing the suburban area that sits on the border of London and Kent. Here are a few:
- I've been very quiet. I went to New York for a while to work on their anniversary project 'Aperture Remix', a series of special edition books, interventions and sculputural works, culminating in an exhibition to celebrate 60 years of the Aperture Foundation's existence.
Since being back in London I met with Isabelle Evertse from piK magazine, who will feature some of my work for their issue 04, so check that out!
- I also published a book by Guy Archard, called Almost, which came out early 2013, and is now very close to being sold out. You can check that out on the BEMOJAKE page (and buy a copy obviously!).
- I have added four new links in the links section. Motohiko Hasui who is a good friend from college who is now making it big as a fashion photographer in Japan, Stefan Ruiz who's books I've worked on over the years, Frankie Pike who is a photographer and Caitlin Duennebier's new painting works, Oh Papa. Check them out!
- Finally I have been trying to get back on track after taking it easy post-New York. Here is one new picture I've added to Domestic Beauty:
- Check out this great feature of Stop Making Sense on a super online magazine called Actual Colors May Vary. You can see it HERE.
- I also strongly suggest, if you have any work you would like to be featured on ACMV, check out their SUBMISSIONS PAGE.
A few weeks ago I got back from China printing Stefan Ruiz's new book, 'The Factory of Dreams'. It should be published soon by Aperture. Check the book out on Aperture's website HERE
- I'm very happy to say I have been selected as one of the winners for the Magenta Foundation's Flash Forward Award 2012.
- I have been invited to participate in this years C/O Berlin Book Days, where I will share a table with the super duper Anne Schwalbe. Especially for this event I am making a small publication with a selection of photogrpahs I have been working on recently, called 'Work In Progress'. Not sure of all the specs yet, but probably only an edition of 100. I'd also like to bring over a dummy of Six Thousand Miles per Second, just so you can see how it's looking so far.